Has anyone else noticed this?
- Norman Osborn gave up his image/persona to pretend to be Captain Ironmerica
- Mac Gargan, after stealing the Venom persona, used it to try to be Spider-Man.
- There have been like three Hobgoblins, which is already dangerously close to Green Goblin.
- Now Otto Octavius is pretending to be Spider-Man.
- Even Punisher, who was originally a Spidey foe, has been stealing everyone else’s toys like the biggest kid on the playground, as if his own set of tools was insufficient.
Am I seeing too deeply into this, or is there a serious trend here? I mean, we all know Spidey foes are a bit lackadaisical, but do their own personas really mean so little to them?